New Blog Coming Soon!

Friday, February 08, 2008

A Super Laguna Beach Tuesday

On Super Tuesday after dropping off our ballots (they were mailed to us too late to mail in!) my granddaughter and I headed over to Laguna to do some photography...only five minutes south of the cottage we are treated to these beautiful vistas...


Some residents of Laguna vote at The Lawn Bowling facilities...

Dig the stencil graffiti -my thoughts went straight to Mary Ann.
A renovation and restoration of Heisler Park is being done and since Laguna Beach is an artist's community ...even plywood used in the construction becomes a canvas...the Pacific Ocean makes a nice background, eh?

Not a bad view, ya think? I am standing in Crescent Park taking this photo...just on the other side of those trees is a vista point where you can watch dolphins and whales -- not to mention the hundreds of sea lions on "seal rock"....

Ahhhhhhhh.....

Laguna is just plain BEAUTIFUL...



Hummingbirds held our attention for a long time....



Just another day in paradise...

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 8:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    magnificent photos of everything AND that hummingbird in flight....just beautiful. DIG that stencil work! Laguna is lovely indeed.

     
  • At 11:43 AM , Blogger libhom said...

    Great photos. The mere mention of Laguna reminds of when I worked there a couple of summers as a teenage. I've never seen more beautiful beaches than the ones in South Laguna.

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    like your sigh.....aahhh!
    paradise for real!
    so far away from the valley....

     
  • At 12:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gorgeous. My next door neighbors, who have since passed away, kept an apartment in Laguna so they could go there every weekend and during the summer. They shared many stories with me about their Laguna days. They were both artists and I have a few of their original canvasas that were given to me.
    Thanks for taking me to Frank and Harriet's old stompin' grounds!
    Linda

     
  • At 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Definitely another day in paradise! Laguna is a lovely place, you're so lucky this is on your doorstep, Jolene. :D

    xxKate

    PS Loving the stencil graffiti!

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger Gerushia's New World said...

    Hi Jolene:

    Isn't it unbelieveable to have everyday access to the beauty of your area?

    Thanks so much for posting these pics. I am counting down the days until I can get "back to the beach".

    Kim

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Blogger beth said...

    sitting here in wisconsin with tons of snow....well, let's just say that your photos are BEAUTIFUL !
    do you photoshop around all your photos before you post them ? or does blogspot have that ability somewhere and I've missed it ?

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger søren said...

    oh that is GORGEOUS! I am so envious because we still have snow everywhere in Massachusetts.
    Can you tell me how you make those frames around your pictures? thanks!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home