New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

You & Me & Rain On The Roof....

My favorite time at the beach is just BEFORE, DURING & AFTER a STORM :)
With strong winds blowing this afternoon I had to grab my camera and head up and over to the water...as I reach this high point around the corner from home this is my first view of the ocean...it has always been my favorite vantage point- even looooong before I lived here...it never fails to take my breathe away with it's beautiful vista...even (and especially!) on days like today-- dark and cloudy and wet!


No, this wasn't Photoshopped ...this watercolor of China Cove is taken through my rain covered car window :-)

Is this just too beautiful for words?.....

The five palm trees stood tall and clapped their hands in agreement!

This one was apparently so overwhelmed with her view her arms flew up in the air!


Further down the road at Little Corona Beach...I could watch these waves all day and never get
bored...


Down the road and around the corner...heading home under the rain soaked footbridge...
All too soon we will be back to BORING sunshine again...


Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 11:26 PM , Blogger BellaKarma said...

    Your pictures are cooler than the ones I am going to post. And can we have another palm tree lady story?

     
  • At 11:32 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Yeah well, you know us old hippies...trees are people too :)

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    these images are just amazing, taken at the other side of my valley world.
    the clouds look similar to here, yet much more dence and darker, no single spark of blue though like in yours!! these skies would represent a marvelous winter day over here ;))
    you lucky californian beach girl you!

     
  • At 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love the fact you see storm clouds and think "brilliant!rain"... and I see storm clouds and think "rats!rain"... ;D

    xxK

     
  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Marita & Kate...when you both come to California I can almost GUARANTEE you SUNSHINE :) Can you GUARANTEE me RAIN when I come to visit you? LOL!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home